- List the three stages of Understanding by Design and your understanding of what occurs at each stage.
- Are your lessons clear, focused and aligned to your curriculum? How do you know?
- Reflect on your own practice as a teacher. Do you plan with the end in mind?
- As you worked through a recent unit, were there activities that you have been using that are not aligned to the curriculum?
- Think of a unit you will be teaching in the future. Does it follow the backwards design model? If not, can you provide an example of how it can be adjusted to fit the model?
- Brainstorm a list of new activities that you might incorporate into any new unit of study.